Piping Design Course – What’s it all about?
Piping design is a core sector of the piping industry. An excellent combination of engineering, design, and creativity sums up the work profile of piping design. It’s a design engineering job which requires good IQ, knowledge, imagination, and willingness to learn new things. Where piping engineers plan and develop structures, the piping design engineers design those structures. In fact, piping design is one of the best job-oriented courses for mechanical engineers.
Why Choose Piping Design as a Career
Due to lack of awareness among today’s engineers, hardly anyone has ever given a thought about pursuing this career. Besides the handsome salary, sufficient room for creativity, imagination, and great career progress; the following are some strong reasons why mechanical engineers must re-think their career and go for a better prospect.
- Till date, piping design had never been into light; which is why the industry has huge vacancies for the passionate engineering designers. According to research, top MNCs and firms are now looking for fresh talent for developing new designs and concepts. It is expected that the piping design sector will grow more than 20% year-on-year, in India.Global job demand exceeds 30% and the figure is expected to increase in the near coming years. This clearly hints at the emerging prospects and job opportunities in piping design.
- Once into the industry, it hardly takes 3 to 6 months to acquire the relevant skills and expertise, unlike a year for other engineering departments. Thus, the design engineers can kick-start their career soon after job and witness steady growth within the organization.
- Since a bulk of mechanical engineers is absorbed in IT firms, there’s only a few left for piping design. Again, only the highly intelligent ones have place in this industry. This means there’s less competition, easy employment, and smooth progress over the years.
- Like most engineering sectors, piping engineering has global opportunities for fresher as well as experienced. In a short while, engineers can explore opportunities, enhance their industry exposure, work in various countries, and invest their creative thoughts and ideas to come up with the best designs.
- Overall, it’s a highly demanding industry with lucrative benefits for lifetime. However, to become a part of the steadily advancing engineering sector, candidates need to earn the relevant skill-set and qualifications.
Types of Piping Design Courses
Regular, weekend, and online are the most common types of piping design courses. Regular courses are of 6 months tenure, whereas weekend courses are of 8 months tenure. The most flexible of these, i.e. online courses are usually conducted for 8 – 12 months; however candidates can customise their training sessions and based on their time flexibility, can complete the online course.
Piping Design Job Trends
A piping design engineer executes the following duties, on a day-to-day basis.
- Process data and covert piping information to the relevant design codes
- Conceptualize equipment layout drawings for process plants and reflect the process constraints
- Process data sheets for equipments
- Collate and arrange basic engineering documents to get an idea about the probable designs
- Contour and survey drawings
- Plan designs by collating instructions and project briefs
- Framing designs, basis the project requirements and scope-of-work
- Design site data including facility units around the plots
- Develop designs in line with the applicable codes, standards, and statutory regulations
- Finally, co-ordinate with other networks and departments and schedule projects accordingly
Best Place to Learn Piping Design
Of all distance education institutes, MITSDE, Pune is the premier place to learn piping design. As a leading distance education institute, it imparts good quality knowledge about new-age piping design concepts and on completion of the course, provides information on most appropriate jobs to the candidates.